Maydell Gonzalez reflection.

              I learned a lot in this project in which we had the responsibility to make a virtual presentation and present it afterwards. Overall, everyone did a great job expressing themselves and the quality of the work was on point. For being the first assignment, I would say everyone nailed it. There are things that can be improved obviously, like connecting with the people who are watching your presentation. This can include asking questions verbally, asking questions through a poll, or even creating or putting the link to a Kahoot game. I personally didn't include any of these due to the fact that I was very anxious, and I didn't want to overwhelm myself, but I'll make sure to include one of these in my next assignment that is coming up.
           


               I noticed many students made their PowerPoints very informative which included a lot of information. My group in particular had mentioned that their teachers priorly didn't like the PowerPoint to be full of words, more like a small resume of what need to be known. Which is what I tried to do by not putting too much information and adding more speaking to my presentation. What I did in particular was, I wrote on two sheets of paper what I was going to say which included all the information that was needed, and the basic information I put on the PowerPoint. I did notice our group was not the only group taht used this strategy. I also really liked when the students would include example to understand the topic better.
             

              This did prove to me that working in a group is much less stressful rather than having to do an assignment on your own with no help. My group was very supportive and helpful when anyone was struggling or was confused about anything, which I truly appreciate. I noticed the group members in my group were confident and have done this before or so it seemed. It did take a huge amount of responsibility from everyone to make sure to complete this assignment. Most of the students in this class have to balance social life which includes working, being with family and some may be going through difficult situations, but everyone pulled through. It's not easy but it is not hard neither if you really put your focus to it, you can achieve anything you want to do. 



                The main topic of the presentation is teamwork and the different roles and responsibilities of the members of the group. This is done in our everyday lives and most of us don't seem to notice it. For example: at work there are different positions which that depends on what your role is. There is usually someone who manages or gives direction without that person the group will be lost. When we think of leadership, we usually just think about one person who is in charge when in reality the group has to work together if not then no progress will be made. If the roles are performed correctly, the group will function smoothly. An effective plan should be made by the group leader in order rot have an idea of how things are going to happen and to keep control over who is in charge of what. 


              One of the key functions of leadership is the ability of leading group discussions. When opening a group discussion, you always risk going off subject and ending up in another conversation topic, but you have to remember to keep focus on the main topic. It may be productive at times but others it can be a total waste of time and energy. As a leader their responsibility is to guide the conversation and maintain focus on what is being asked for or the group's goal.    

             If you are a leader of a company, your underlings as well as those outside the company should get the sense that they can trust you. Thay need to believe that what you say is true and that you are not hiding things or being "shady'' so that they can trust you. Also, it is very important for your team to feel that you hold yourself accountable and that you are ethical.



           When communicating with employees, great leaders need to convey what the company's strategy is, why it makes sense, and how it's progressing over time, among other things. Great leaders will know what their audience is thinking or worrying about and will address such concerns. It's important to remember that what isn't said can be very important, too.
    
               Another important quality in a leader is confidence, which can be demonstrated in a variety of ways. Great leaders typically are quite confident in themselves and their abilities and are ideally also confident of the abilities of those who work under them. This breeds a positive attitude, which can be inspiring and infectious.



                      Most authorities on organizational leadership agree that the major theories of leadership are the traits, leadership styles, and contingency (sometimes called situational) theories. The leadership styles and contingency theories now dominate the current literature on leadership while the traits theory has generally been dismissed because of the theoretical, methodological, and practical problems involved in trying to identify and support a consistent list of traits.

              When great leaders exhibit confidence in their workers or followers, it also reflects trust and respect- they respect them and trust them to do what they need to do. In turn, this can build trust in and respect for the leader. Confidence is especially important in times of crisis when people will look to the leader for reassurance and inspiration. Respect is very essential to be a great leader.


                     
                    Social groups are everywhere and are a basic part of human life; everywhere you look there seem to be groups of people! A main focus of sociology is the study of these social groups. A social group consists of two or more people who regularly interact and share a sense of unity and common identity. In other words, it's a group of people who see each other frequently and consider themselves a part of the group. Except in rare cases, we all typically belong to many different types of social groups. For example, you could be a member of a sports team, club, church group, college class, workplace, and more.

Comments